The Procurement Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to support the delivery of a transformational procurement strategy, reflecting the commercial objectives of the organisation.
The Procurement Manager will develop existing procurement policies and embed processes, being the point of contact for procurement guidance and advice.
A forward thinking public organisation.
- To lead Procurement activities across the organisation, delivering the procurement strategy in line with commercial objectives
- Maintain and implement contract management procedures, including maintaining a contract register
- Develop and implement a programme of procurement initiatives to ensure value for money across various major goods and services contracts
- Implement effective supplier management techniques
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on Procurement Policy
- Develop and deliver Procurement training for relevant users across the organisation
- Establish excellent relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Develop management reporting on procurement activity
- Maintain up to date specialist knowledge of legislation, standards and best practice relevant to purchasing and share with colleagues accordingly
The successful candidates will:
- Experience leading procurement activities and sourcing strategies across a variety of spend areas
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage a variety of complex procurement contracts
- A proven track record of the end to end procurement life cycle
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
- You will ideally be CIPS qualified and educated to degree level.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary plus excellent benefits.