Capital Programme Manager
Capital Programme Manager of minor construction works in Wakefield
Your new company
A leading construction and property consultancy, with global presence, working in partnership with major client.
Your new role
The role will act as the key contact between the client and the teams responsible for planning and delivering capital projects. You will oversee and monitor a capital programme of approximately GBP20M per annum. You will be responsible for leading and managing the effective delivery of minor capital works programmes. You will have a leading role in monitoring the performance of our key partners and working with them to ensure that the capital works programmes are planned, programmed and delivered efficiently and in line with client expectations.
You will ensure project briefs are accurate and sufficiently detailed to facilitate good design, suitable programmes are agreed to meet client service requirements, budgets are appropriate and offer value for money and projects are closely monitored to minimise the risk of any slippage
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Significant relevant experience in a client facing, programme or construction management role.
- Experience in planning, monitoring and delivering capital projects and programmes, ideally in a public-sector setting.
- A good understanding of the design and construction sector and experience of working with multi-disciplinary design teams, project managers, cost consultants and building surveyors.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and quickly analyse complex information covering finance, commercial, legal, strategic and operational.
What you'll get in return
An excellent role in a key contract with leading organisation and a chance to progress.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.