Textile recycling operative / Support Worker
JOB DESCRIPTION SUPPORT WORKER / TEXTILE RECYCLING OPERATIVE
Location: Rhyl Denbighshire Title: Textile recycling operative / Support Worker
Reports To: Senior Support Worker / Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00/4.00 but with some flexible working hours covering holidays etc. Living Wage or Minimum wage depending on age
To apply email me a CV and supporting letter if shortlisted you will be required to complete an application form.
The role and purpose of the job
- You will be part of a team responsible for the collection of textiles donated by the public as part of our recycling initiative Kit Out The Kids.We support people with learning disabilities throughout the business and this is an essential part of the job. It would be desirable to hold a full driving licence.
- We collect across the county from approximately 25,000 houses and clothing banks.
- You will support adults with learning disabilities in all aspects of the job routines, for example, the sorting and grading of textiles and preparation for sale in the shop.
- The textiles are then brought back to our sorting centre in Rhyl, where they are graded and sorted either for sale in our shop or for onward recycling via a textile merchant.
- You will also collect textiles from our clothing banks distributed around the county.
- Periodically we have to distribute new bags to all households across the county who recycle via the blue bin scheme. You will also be involved in this bag distribution process.
- You will also be required to work in our clothes shop in Rhyl that sells some of the items we have recycled.
- Working with a team to collect and grade textiles obtained from kerbside donation and textile banks to enable us to maintain our supply chain and keep our shop fully stocked.
- Ensure people’s active participation in recycling activities on a day-to-day basis whilst maintaining their safety and well-being in a busy kerbside collection environments. Duties are carried out in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy across all working environments.
- Vocational profiles of individuals keeping personal files updated
- Assist when necessary in transport arrangements including driving and escort duties
- Assist when necessary at meal times
- Attend team meetings and meetings concerning individuals supported
- Liaise with family/carers/agencies when necessary
- Covering colleagues work during illness or leave periods
- Attend training as directed by Manager
- Keep accurate paperwork in relation to all matters
- Other relevant duties as directed
Andy Lowe (Managing Director Co-Options)
Apply for Textile recycling operative / Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly