Agilisys is the UK's most innovative IT services and outsourcing provider, transforming services for both public & private sector organisations. We're proud of our flexible partnership approach with long term clients, and the success we have achieved together. We are building an outstanding IT service for our customers providing - high quality, low cost, innovative and flexible services that transform IT for existing and new customers and make a positive difference to the millions of people they serve.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and fast paced environment poses a several opportunities for exposure to innovative technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading.
Reporting into Microsoft SQL Practice Manager, the Microsoft SQL DBA is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of our clients' ICT environments. This role undertakes technical BAU and Project work on ICT databases and associated applications in support of operational requirements as well as the implementation of new projects and technologies.
The role will support the delivery of a high-quality support service within the area of responsibility, working as part of an effective team, ensuring the services are delivered in line with the SLA whilst providing a positive experience to the client.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of database administration, including:
- Database maintenance and administration tasks
- Routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Management of database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Monitoring database activity and resource usage.
- Optimising database performance and plans for forecast resource needs.
- Use of database management system software and tools to collect performance statistics, investigate problems and create reports
- Drafting and maintenance of procedures and documentation for databases.
- Contributing to the setting of standards for database objects and ensuring conformance to these standards.
- Responsible and accountable for all projects assigned, ensuring delivery on time, technical requirements, quality and financial KPI's are met and delivered with minimal disruption to the client or service provided.
- Managing risks and mitigation related to the scope of the role; working with auditors and implementing agreed recommendations.
- Working closely with the IT Service Towers supporting and resolving major incidents to ensure continuity of service, and minimal disruption to ICT services provided to the clients.
- Serves as a member of the Change Advisory Board to provide specialist input if required.
- Ensures that incidents and service requests are responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and ITIL service management procedures. Ensure customers and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays.
- Ensure that service degradation is minimised and performance maximised through the delivery of proactive maintenance and automation. Contribute to the continual improvement of proactive maintenance process and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of trends and best practices around database and associated applications as they pertain to the deployed solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of support and development of Microsoft SQL Server including
- SQL Server Database Engine
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Analysis Service
- SQL Server Integration Services
- IIS and .Net Technologies
- SQL & T-SQL
- MS Access
- Management Tools
- Experience of working with Server operating systems such as
- Windows 2008 Onwards
- Proven ability to co-ordinate a number of different areas, including external suppliers, to upgrade packages, resolve issues, provide interfaces between packages
- Ability to provide advice, support and guidance to the client in respect of databases and associated applications
- Ability to plan, manage, implement and monitor projects, delivering projects on time and to budget
- Ability to test and apply database and application patches and upgrades.
- Good working experience in implementing, maintaining and updating document and change control procedures
- Able to co-ordinate with other teams to plan the work
- Partnership working with other government or private sector organisations
- Ability to estimate action and quality control work, working to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities
Experience with Azure is highly desirable.
This role requires the holder to submit to, and hold a valid Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.Skills Sectors