Procurement Process & Governance Manager
Immediately seeking an experienced Procurement Process & Governance specialist from a complex background with a desire to develop their skills across fast growing commercial team within a high profile organisation.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over GBP1 billion in recent years. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
The Procurement Process & Governance Manager will:
- Develop, operate and maintain the Commercial Management System (CMS) to support the delivery of commercial activities including complex capital procurement, strategic sourcing, in-life contract management
- The CMS will provide the process, controls, information flows, guidelines and supporting documentation to enable procurement teams to design and execute successful procurement events and manage the ongoing contracts.
- Ensure teams are trained in and actively use the CMS, and that it remains in alignment with wider commercial and business management systems
- Work within a matrix environment, the successful candidate will gain great exposure to a huge range of projects, business stakeholders, suppliers and wider business streams. The Commercial team is currently responsible for over GBP1.5billion worth of spend per year, with contract values ranging between circa GBP100,000 through to hundreds of million pounds.
Key skills required:
- Strong academic background including a relevant degree qualification, with good PowerPoint and Excel capabilities (Pivot tables, v look ups and creating charts.)
- Experience of developing and controlling management systems in commercial environments, a strong understanding of the implications of contract regulations and OJEU and a good knowledge of contract forms (NEC and/or IChemE) and construction delivery models (ECI, EPC, PMO, Alliancing).
- Knowledge and experience of relevant ISO standards (9001, 5500) would also be advantageous.
- You will need strong attention to detail, an analytical and problem solving mind-set as well as good interpersonal, persuasion and communications.
- It is important that you have strong writing skills and are able to draft policies and procedures. Experience in use of Document Management systems (Documentum) would also be ideal.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.