Features Editor / Social Media / Content Editor
Job Title: Features Editor
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company offers everything businesses need to know about food and drink innovation and trends around the world, and interprets them to help its audience improve their business. The Company has two leading international publications. It also operates three of the industries most established and respected awards schemes.
The Features Editor will join our existing digital team, who ensure that the output across our website and other online channels is informative, timely and extremely high-quality. They will be expected to contribute in part to our daily news output, so flawless written English and editing skills are a must-have, while managing a specific brief to chase down original features - interviews with industry leaders, videos, opinion, analysis, regular contributions and other creative formats that help us stand out from other trade publishers.
Once the successful candidate has settled into the role, there will also be opportunities for them to get involved more with our podcast series and flagship print title, FoodBev magazine. As an internationally focused B2B publisher, we regularly attend trade fairs and industry events in Europe and beyond, so there are multiple opportunities for the successful candidate to travel away on business. This year alone, we are excited by trips to shows in Chicago and Singapore.
They have always prided ourselves on the quality of our rich media, and we hope the successful applicant will become a key part in developing this side of our business further as part of our friendly, focused team in the heart of Bath.
Candidates will be asked to complete a short proficiency task if they reach interview stage.
- Developing and pursuing feature ideas - anything from interviews with industry leaders to podcasts, externally sourced opinion pieces, and continuing content.
- Assisting in the production of rich media for our external communications - promotional videos for our magazines, our award schemes, and some of our other products.
- Attending press events, trade fairs and shows in Europe and beyond, helping to organise and fulfil a schedule of content during the event including video interviews and reports.
- Helping to contribute to the daily news output of our website alongside the current team, which consists of two News Editors and the Group Editor, with potential opportunities in print.
- Forging new working relationships with content providers and other external stakeholders.
- Outstanding written English, as well as editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in trade publishing, copywriting or media production.
- Experience with video and audio production software.
- Experience or interest in producing digital media - particularly interviews and podcasts.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong social skills, enthusiasm and high levels of organisation, with the ability to work to deadline and independently if required.
- Understanding of SEO best practice and social media a bonus.
- Existing knowledge of Wordpress and Adobe Photoshop a bonus.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Digital Marketing, Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Website Editor, Website Administrator, Website Admin, Social Media, Website Content Manager, Website Content Managing will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Features Editor / Social Media / Content Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly