Commercial Building Control Surveyor (Nationwide)
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Commercial Building Control Surveyor to join the team home based Nationwide. The role is a permanent and full time position offering a salary of GBP42,000 - GBP52,000 per annum.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Building Control Surveyor who will be home based but may involve travel throughout the UK so a full valid UK driving licence is essential.
NHBC BCS (Building Control Services) is the largest approved inspector in the UK. We provide building control services for over 50% of the new homes in England and Wales and pride ourselves on our technical excellence and customer focus to deliver real value to both commercial and residential clients.
The Commercial Building Control team delivers Building Control Services focussed on non-residential buildings as well as warranty provision in NHBC's key market sectors of conversions and retirement schemes.
The UK continues to see growth in all our markets and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we'll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining a dedicated Commercial Building Control team, this hugely varied role will see you take responsibility for assessing building regulation and warranty applications for a variety of commercial, retirement and conversion schemes. On top of that, you will assist developers, architects & builders, provide site support, liaise with customers and much more.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of building regulation applications for predominantly non-residential developments
- Negotiate with clients and their design teams/professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control in accordance with relevant regulations and NHBC Standards where appropriate.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of building control inspections, issue of Final Certificates, site approvals and resolving problems relating to Initial Notices/Final certification.
- Manage the Building Regulation aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements or features of building work and the identification / communication of key inspection stages and review of progress.
Our ideal Commercial Building Control Surveyor
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution (MRICS, MCABE, MCIOB).
- Relevant experience in the construction industry as Building Control Surveyor / Building Control Officer.
- Experience of plan appraisal of non-residential and mixed use developments.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures
- Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
In return, as our Commercial Building Control Surveyor, we offer the following benefits
- 42,000 - GBP52,000 depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance.
- Up to 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as a Commercial Building Control Surveyor then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.