Our client, a growing retail/manufacturing organisation based in North Kent, are now seeking a Procurement manager, to manage the bought-in goods. The role will include duties within Procurement and Supply chain, around stocking holding and management, forecasting and customer demand. There will also be procurement responsibilities across facilities, energy and worldwide freight.
- Responsibility for the sourcing of bought-in and new products as specified.
- Provide market intelligence, knowledge of market trends and developments
- Work closely with suppliers and build strong supplier relationships, reviewing and analysing performance
- Responsible for the purchase of worldwide transport, facilities, items not for resale and regulatory requirements. (specific experience of sea freight is beneficial or freight on a worldwide basis)
- Negotiating all aspects of the procurement process including price, specification, quantity, delivery and quality.
- Maintaining accurate specifications of current products and ensuring that any new product lines are ready for issue prior to launch.
- Ensure all existing and new suppliers are compliant with all relevant auditable requirements.
- Responsible for managing successful resolution of quality, service and pricing queries.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships including manufacturing, warehousing, finance, costing departments and sales.
- Responsibility for stock control of both finished goods & and components,
- Daily monitoring of stock and sales reports to determine any necessary actions.
- Plan and forecast deliveries in liaison with other internal departments
Must have strong stakeholder management ability, working closely with the Sales and internal teams
Manage and develop individuals in the team (3)
Strong systems ability in particular excellent Excel skills
Previous experience in procurement and supply chain ideally within a production related business
Ability to build and deliver strong procurement and supply chain processes
Ability to drive forward and spot opportunities for improvements
Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain