Network Engineer - CCNA
Network Engineer - CCNA
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (including on-call allowance), plus bonus and benefits
Based out of our Manchester (Chadderton) office, the company is seeking a Network Engineer to assist with the planning, evaluation and management of existing and new networks and territories. It is essential that you are a certified CCNA or CCNA Voice and ideally you will be CCNP or CCNP Voice or CCSA NGX qualified too.
The position is a technical, hands-on role in which the candidate will be able to implement solutions and support system level issues until resolution. The successful applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time supporting various network services and technologies. These include MPLS, Cable DSL, ADSL, Metro-Ethernet, SDH, routing protocols and VPN services. The candidate must be able to manage a number of diverse technical environments, interoperate successfully with customers and business vendors and provide recommendations necessary to maintain or expand service levels.
* Manage multi-site enterprise networks.
* Manage and maintain technical relationships with the customer and work closely with their technical resources.
* Create and maintain logical and rational network IT environments.
* Support field infrastructure and work to deliver client agreed work packages and objectives.
* Utilise and develop processes and procedures to monitor, diagnose and solve critical network challenges in the field.
* Be responsible for maintaining the stability of network communications, and analysing and solving network outages, or routing issues.
* Define, collect, and publish network operation metrics and service level reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* System and network monitoring experience required.
* Good understanding of subnets and ip address allocation.
* Client facing experience required.
* Hands-on knowledge of configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and ideally firewalls.
* Experience with cellular and wireless communications (GPRS/EDGE 3G, 802).
* Good knowledge of routing protocols and ports.
* Knowledge of OSI Model, Wireshark and Tcpdump.
* Metro-Ethernet experience.
* Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support.
* MPLS configuration knowledge.
* Cisco ASA, Check Point, Juniper and HP.
* F5 experience.
* Cisco Call Manager & Data Centre knowledge.
The company employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
Please send us your details via 'Apply' (be sure to include a valid email address) and you will be emailed a link to apply online.