clinical technologist

Hexham/Newcastle Upton Tyne
£26,565 to £35,577 per annum
05 Mar 2018
21 Mar 2018
Contract Type
Full Time

An exciting opportunity has arisen for a clinical technologist to join the Regional Environmental Control Systems Service (RECS).

RECS is a specialist Electronic Assistive Technology Service directly commissioned by NHS England. The service is part of the Neurological Services & Specialist Mental Health Services Clinical Business Unit attached to Walkergate Park and based at Chad House in Hexham. The service covers the North East of England and North Cumbria. RECS provides specialised services to adults and children with complex physical disabilities in order to improve their independence, participation and quality of life. 

The service has received NHSE funding to meet the requirements of the new Specialist Environmental Control Services (ECS) Specification expanding provision into the subject area of ‘Computer Access’. This post is a new post that has been created using that funding, with the main emphasis to provide skilled support in general to the clinical team and service users.  

You will have a keen interest in assistive technology, particularly Computer Access and Environmental Control Systems, and an appreciation and understanding of how such specialist equipment provision can benefit people.

You will be expected to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team with support from senior clinical staff. You will support the assessment, specification, provision and implementation of highly complex specialist Computer Access/ECS solutions and related assistive technology. You will provide specialist technical advice, information, education and training. You will contribute to equipment management including troubleshooting technical problems. You will need to be able to visit clients in their own homes and other relevant addresses across the northern region.  You will work closely with other assistive technology services in the region including the Regional Communication Aid Service (RCAS) and the Regional Technical Aid Service (RTAS).  You will be a registered Clinical Technologist or Healthcare Science Practitioner or have equivalent relevant experience.