As a Trainee Solicitor at Royds Withy King you will gain experience in various areas of law with the opportunity to develop skills in contentious and non-contentious law in order to qualify as a Solicitor.
The level and complexity of work will vary and increase during your Training Contract. Duties will include:
- Assisting Solicitors and other fee earners to effectively run files to ensure the case meets deadlines, internal and external standards and the client is adequately informed.
- Interviewing clients, by listening and extracting important information.
- Providing advisory support/assistance to clients.
- Drafts correspondence in the form of emails, letters and legal documents.
- Researching relevant case law/statutory instruments/news articles and summarising key points to relevant individuals.
- Preparing files for court, collating documents, preparing exhibits assisting counsel and supporting clients when attending court and chambers
- Create and update content for website, blogs etc.
- Provide event support for marketing and recruitment activities
- Liaise regularly with experts, counsel, insurers, witnesses and other parties
We are recruiting across all of our offices for trainee positions starting in 2018, 2019 and 2020.About You
As well as all the obvious bits (your grades and work experience) we look for trainee solicitors who have a true passion for the law and can always put themselves in our Clients' shoes. It's important that you can demonstrate a strong capacity for the technicalities of practicing law but we also will be looking for you to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage your time.
We work with a diverse range of clients and therefore we don't have a "one size fits all" approach to our Trainee recruitment. We are really interested to know what you think makes you stand out from the crowd!
In order to apply for these positions you will need to have a minimum of a 2.2 in any degree discipline and have completed your Legal Practice Course (LPC) before the indicated start date.
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of over 480 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it's the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business.
"It's great to work with people who are happy to be at work, people who really want to help you"- Natalie Pring, Solicitor.
We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last five years.