Work and Enterprise Coach (Health, Employment) SYHA60947
Are you passionate about supporting people in Rotherham to live well and realise their potential? Could you use your skills to enable people with physical and mental health conditions to find jobs and thrive at work?
Our client is a successful not-for-profit organisation with a strong commitment to the Sheffield City Region. Recently named number 26 in the Sunday Times 100 Best Not-For-Profit organisations to work for in the UK, they are a forward thinking, innovative organisation.
They are working with the Sheffield City Region Combined Authority, the Government’s Work and Health Unit – a partnership between the Department of Health and the Department of Work and Pensions – and 5 CCGs to deliver an ambitious new model of integrated health and employment support.
They will lead a large-scale Randomised Control Trial of a modified form of Individual Placement Support (IPS), a “place then train” approach to employment support. Using strengths-based methods, they will work with individuals who have common mental health and physical health conditions. 70% of customers will be out-of-work and seeking to secure and sustain employment. 30% will be in work but off sick or struggling in the workplace due to their condition.
The programme is to be delivered until 2020 and will involve working in an integrated way with health and employment partners, including GPs, social prescribing, IAPT and Musculoskeletal services, physios and pain clinics and employers.
The post holder will:
- Provide strengths-based coaching that enables customers with physical and mental health conditions to secure and sustain employment
- Undertake rapid job search with customers (within first 30 days of being on the programme)
- Develop links with employers to source individualised employment opportunities for customers and support employees who are struggling due to their condition to thrive in the workplace
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, holistic employment service
- Deliver services in keeping with IPS principles and fidelity scale
- Work in line with the requirements of the Randomised Control Trial
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Working Win – Sheffield City Region Health-Led Employment Trial
Fixed term until March 2020
Closing Date: Applicants will be shortlisted for interview on a weekly basis up until the closing date of Friday 30th March at 5pm. Early applications are encouraged
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.