School of Computing and Engineering
£22,419 - £25,965 per annum
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced administrator who enjoys a challenge? Do you enjoy working across a varied range of activities in a busy customer focussed environment?
If you have a proven aptitude for providing professional administration support, working methodically whilst juggling priorities and maintaining excellent levels of customer service, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and experienced professional to join our busy, friendly Student Support team and work closely with the Associate Dean (International) to provide the highest standards of administrative service to the School’s international student recruitment and engagement activities. You will be expected to provide the initial, front line professional administrative support for all international matters, and take ownership for relevant tasks or projects.
You will be expected to develop and maintain effective systems and processes for gathering, recording and proactively reporting information to ensure effective communication with all key stakeholders within the school and across the University. This a varied and demanding role and you will need the proven ability to use your initiative and problem solve whilst being flexible in your approach both in terms of activities and working hours as this role may involve working weekends and occasional evenings.
If you are excited about the opportunity to work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from the UK and overseas, proactively delivering the highest standard of customer service, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate*:
- Significant and recent experience of a busy administrative role in an office based environment.
- Recent operational experience of using databases to support customer/client relationships.
- Proven organisational skills, able to use own initiative to manage several projects at once, prioritise and forward plan to deliver confidently to deadlines.
- Recent experience of planning, organising and delivering events.
- Experience of supporting face to face student activities in a training or educational environment including delivering presentations to small groups.
- A degree or equivalent educational/training/work based experience.
- Excellent computer literacy with expertise in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer focussed approach.
*Please pay close attention to the Attributes for the role (as detailed in the recruitment pack) and use the online application form and supporting statement to explain how your knowledge, skills and experience match each requirement.
Closing Date: 18 March 2018
Interview Date: 16 April 2018
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer