7 days left
- Full Time
Rainforest Cafe: Sous Chef - Salary Negotiable Dependent upon Experience.
- Manage, monitor and motivation of the kitchen team to ensure targets and objectives are met and GP hit.
- Daily supervision of the Kitchen operations to include the safe execution of dishes to standards set by the company.
- Challenge and report any issues to the Executive chef and Unit manager
- Providing effective solutions based on the individual business requirements and needs.
- Planning and implementing programs, events, and strategies in order to cover all aspects of the business' capabilities and generate new business revenue.
- Identify new opportunities to provide strategic direction and combine efforts across the units where possible.
- Conducting annual appraisals of the kitchen teams within the units.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- To help design and execute menus for various functions and requirements of customers.
- To liaise and communicate with various departments to implement and create new menu ideas that enhance the customers experience and value.
- To implement the recipe standards that the Executive chef outline so that all food is consistent and meets the necessary standards.
- Monitor and complete the daily opening/ closing checks are completed and duties adhere to the EHO standards. Ensure that all staff are equipped with the correct knowledge to ensure that all staff are compliant with food standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards to include ay raw and cook food product procedures. From preparation through to execution of dishes.
- Delegate roles to supervisors to ensure they are training and monitoring the team of cooks, Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Monitoring of the team to ensure the productivity level of employees is maintained. Setting the expectations and parameters to all employees.
- Utilises interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Acts as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours. Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- HR activities to include coaching, training and monitoring the team to highlight the key stars and develop those further that need assistance. Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary for further support in dealing with Performance or conflict.
- Conduct appraisals to highlight areas of improvement of the team and what is necessary to be successful over all for the department. Therefore, providing feedback to the individuals
- Communicate information to all levels of the kitchen team to ensure that any new policies or procedures are set. Ensuring the policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Communication of expectation is required and feedback to employees on their position and requirements.
+ More responsibilites to be learned.
The Successful Candidate will have
- At least 1 to 3 years' experience within a high-volume kitchen.
- Great organisational and leadership skills.
- Have a strong, successful background preferably within the hospitality/hotel industry.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, be self-motivated and able to work closely with the unit manager and executive chef
- Be able to illustrate
- At least Food safety Level 2 qualified
- Level 3 Food Safety desirable but not essential and can be provided for the successful candidate
- First Aid training also desirable but can be provided for the successful candidate
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the dynamic function of this role.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with conflict or performance issues that can arise
- Computer skills essential in order to use the HR and Management systems
- Experience is multitasking, prioritising duties
Length: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable dependant upon experience
Hours: 40+ hours per week. There are a variety of shift patterns and types due to nature of organisation. Last orders are 10pm daily at present.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions () and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs