Chef / Line Cook
Rainforest Cafe Chefs Required
About the Company
Rainforest cafe is privately owned by Savini group. Savini group own a portfolio of Restaurants in London and various restaurant brands in Milan. All UK units are within 5 minutes' walk between each other in the heart of the West End. Due to rapid growth across the company, we are looking for a variety of different roles within the Kitchen team. The ideal candidate will be Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
We are hiring Supervisors, Line and Prep cooks and therefore duties can include but are not limited to:
- Daily supervision of the Kitchen operations to include the safe execution of dishes to standards set by the company.
- Challenge and report any issues to line manager.
- Providing effective solutions based on the individual business requirements and needs.
- Identify new opportunities to provide strategic direction and combine efforts across the units where possible.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved, ensuring compliance.
- Execute menus for various functions and requirements of customers adhering to receipt specifications.
- Monitor and complete the daily opening/ closing checks are completed and duties adhere to the EHO standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards to include ay raw and cook food product procedures. From preparation through to execution of dishes.
- Collaboration of the team and duties of the kitchen to ensure smooth shift.
- Utilises interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Communicate information to line managers and Executive chef.
- Working alongside both BOH and FOH team, ensuring the smooth running of the shift.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Cross trained to deal with other units where necessary.
This list is an example and not extensive, the assistant will receive training and support to ensure that they feel competent in the role and environment.
The Successful Candidate will have
- At least 1 to 3 years' experience within a high-volume kitchen.
- Great organisational and leadership skills.
- Have a strong, successful background preferably within the hospitality/hotel industry.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, be self-motivated and able to work closely with the unit manager and Executive chef
- Be able to illustrate
- Level 2 and 3 Food Safety desirable but not essential and can be provided for the successful candidate
- First Aid training also desirable but can be provided for the successful candidate
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the dynamic function of this role.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with conflict or performance issues that can arise
- Computer skills desirable in order to use the HR and Management systems
- Experience is multitasking, prioritising duties
Roles: Supervisor and Line cooks
Length: Full and Part Time roles Available
Salary: GBP7.50 plus TRONC/Service charge (negotiable dependent upon experience).
Hours: 40+ hours per week. There are a variety of shift patterns and types due to nature of organisation, we are a 364 day a year operation. Double shifts are required in peak periods. Day and Evening shifts are scheduled according to. Last orders are at 10pm at present.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions () and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs