Senior Cashier - Job Share
Willmott Dixon, ranked as the 14th Best Company to work for by the Sunday Times in 2017, is currently looking to recruit for a Senior Cashier. The position would best suit someone looking for a job share, ideally working 2-3 full days per week starting in August/ September 2018.
- Achieve accurate entries relating to group bank and cash accounts
- Ensure all bank accounts are fully reconciled each month
- Ensure all other appropriate control accounts are reconciled each month
- Ensure Sales ledger transactions dealt with promptly maintaining capital employed control
- Achieve maximum interest receivable and minimise interest payable
- Aspire to the highest standards of accuracy
- Customer care principles adhered to
- Effective training of new staff
- Provide cover in absence of Chief Cashier(s)
- Ensure compliance with Willmott Dixon standards, bank mandates and HMRC
- Meet deadlines without prompting by a well organised workload
- Consider fellow Team members and support Chief Cashier(s) at all times
- Communicate information within Team and ensure Chief Cashier(s) are aware of departmental issues at all times
- Use judgement to ensure payments made both on time and cost effectively
- Scan and maintain files of processed documents
- Effective training of new staff to proficient standard
- Bank reconciliations completed by 14th of each month
- Actual interest rate achieved / paid
- Level of bank charges
- Completion of tasks by deadlines
- Timely recording of all bank entries
- Backlog of scanning is no more than 5 days
- Customer satisfaction survey
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- You will have previous experience of working in a finance function with demonstrable skills in either accounts payable or sales ledger transactions.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy skills are a pre-requisite
- You will have proven ability to handle several tasks at the same time and be able to react quickly to constantly changing priorities.
- Previous use of CODA or Dream software
- Attention to detail
- Keyboard skills
- Team player
- Telephone skills
- Time management
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14 th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.