Geotechnical Design Engineer - Hemel Hempstead - GBPCompetitive
Our Client, a large and well known International Engineering Consultancy have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer to join the team in their Hemel Hempstead offices.
Their Hemel Hempstead office traditionally has a diverse range of interesting projects in the UK and overseas has built a reputation for successfully delivering ground engineering schemes in the UK and many other countries.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
As a Geotechnical Design Engineer your responsibilities will some of the following:
- Desktop studies and walkover surveys.
- Ground investigation - scoping, specifying, supervising, logging, interpretation of GI data, derivation of design parameters and production of Ground Investigation Reports to EC-7.
- Geotechnical design - slope stability and earthworks design and the opportunity to get involved in design of shallow and piled foundations and retaining walls using a range of software. Where appropriate you will contribute to Geotechnical Design Reports to EC-7.
- Assisting in preparation of bids and proposals and attending meetings with contractors and clients, both external and internal and work. Depending on your interest there is the option to become involved in the management of projects.
- As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist you will relevant experience enabling you to have developed a range of ground engineering knowledge and skills.
- You will have a working knowledge of UK geology, engineering geology and ground investigation practice.
- You will be able to describe soils and rocks, appreciate geomorphological features, record your findings and write clear and concise reports.
- Be familiar with software such as SlopeW, gINT, Oasys suite, gINT, Slope WALLAP and the Rocscience suite.
- You will be aware of the UK Specification for Ground Investigation, NEC Conditions of Contract and standards including BS5930 and BS1377 and be able to prepare specifications and contract documents.
- You should be willing to travel within the UK and overseas for limited periods; opportunities for longer relocation may arise from time to time.
- A first degree in geology, engineering geology or civil engineering.
- A Masters or PhD in a geotechnical subject would be an advantage.
If this Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer sounds like you and you have the relevant experience please do contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on . Alternatively you can email a copy of your CV to