Senior Support Worker/Team Leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Support Worker/Team Leader in the Croydon area of South London to manage our client’s support team at home to a high standard and to help undertake the clinical responsibility of the staff team.
Our client is a 57-year-old man who has an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and underlying mental health issues. He requires support to transfer into a community setting following several years in a hospitalised setting following brain injury. He will require 1-1 support, 24hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need to support the case manager in moving our client to the Coulsdon/Croydon area, in summer 2018.
What are the responsibilities of a Senior Support Worker/Team Leader?
- Induct new staff and be involved with the recruitment process;
- Assist the manager with management of the staff;
- Risk assessments, care planning, supervisions and appraisals are essential;
- Maintaining therapy routines and staff rotas;
- Providing an active and varied programme of activities both within and outside his home.
What experience is required?
- Previous management experience is required, and a Mental Health nursing background is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of brain injury is vital as is flexibility and a positive attitude to rehabilitation;
- You need to have a good command of the English Language as our client has communication difficulties;
- Above all, you should be reliable and confident, with a good sense of humour and the ability to encourage our client in his understanding of the world and re-learning of life skills.
Please note that a clean driving licence, successful DBS Disclosure and referencing is required.
This is a truly rewarding job where you can make a positive impact in an individual’s life and to also work for an organisation with a genuine desire to make a difference in their clients lives. We understand the value of a positive working rapport with both our clients and their families, so we always adopt a supportive approach to care. As such, we offer fantastic benefits and rewards, including:
- £13.00 per hour;
- Full time contract and On Call responsibilities;
- Flexibility needed for weekdays, evenings, weekends and sleep overs will apply;
- 4 week rolling rota maintained;
- Work place pension;
- Statutory annual leave entitlement;
- Ongoing support and professional development.
So, if you are a positive individual with strong leadership skills and you are excited by this job, then please click on “Apply.”
Apply for Senior Support Worker/Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly