We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Support Worker in the Croydon area of South London for our client, a 57-year-old man who has an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and underlying mental health issues. He requires support following several years in a hospitalised setting following brain injury, he will be moving to the Croydon area in the Summer 2018. He will require 1-1 /2-1 support, 24hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic character to motivate and encourage our client in his understanding of the world and re-learning of life skills. You will be working in the individual’s home and be accountable to the Team Leader and Case Manager.
What are the responsibilities of a Support Worker?
- Maintaining therapy routines and providing a varied programme of activities and interests both within and outside the client’s home;
- Support our client with his daily living skills and work with him to enable him to live as independently as possible;
- Ensure the client’s health and well-being at all times;
- Administering medication;
- Support the client with his behavioural needs in line with guidelines implemented by his therapy team.
What experience is required?
- Knowledge and experience of brain injury is vital as is flexibility and a positive attitude to rehabilitation.
- You need to have a good command of the English Language as our client has communication difficulties.
- Above all, you will be a caring and compassionate individual who is a good team player.
Please note that a clean driving licence, successful DBS Disclosure and referencing is required.
This is a truly rewarding job where you can make a positive impact in an individual’s life and to also work for an organisation with a genuine desire to make a difference in their clients lives. We understand the value of a positive working rapport with both our clients and their families, so we always adopt a supportive team approach to care. As such, we offer fantastic benefits and rewards, including:
- £11.00 per hour;
- Full-time, part-time and bank hours available;
- Day shifts;
- Induction and clinical training;
- 4 week rolling rota maintained;
- Work place pension;
- Statutory annual leave entitlement;
- Ongoing support and professional development.
So, if you are a positive, reliable individual and you are interested in this Support Worker job, then please click on “Apply.”
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly