Night Support Worker
7 days left
- Full Time
Night Support Worker - 52 weeks
GBP8.30- GBP9.75 per hour
40hrs per week
Shift patterns: 4 nights on - 4 nights off
Must be 21 or over
We are looking to appoint Night Support Workers to our vibrant team of professionals who provide therapy, care and education to children and young people with autism and complex learning needs.
Purbeck View School is on an exciting journey towards outstanding, with many opportunities for training and professional career development.
Come and work with us to secure a future of opportunity and fulfilment for our very special young people!
Brief description of job:
To primarily work in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings including classroom, education and off site activities. The job involves enabling our young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support. The role is about working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first. Important qualities of this role are being a good role model and conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on duty or representing the company at outside events.
In return, we'll give you excellent training opportunities and further development, plus a very competitive salary and great benefits including child care vouchers, employee discount scheme, long service and recognition awards, and our cycle to work scheme.
* Knowledge of the general health, safety and welfare of young people
* Knowledge of how young people develop and learn
* Knowledge of what equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented
* Knowledge of what effective teamwork is
Skill and Abilities:
* Ability to follow a work pattern and attend work punctually and reliably.
* To participate in training and development to enable job to be done to the required standard.
* To work as directed and complete tasks reliably and to the required standard.
* Ability to go wherever our young people go and participate and possibly lead indoor & outdoor activities.
* Ability to be able to communicate clearly and easily with young people and others in a variety of ways.
* Ability to read and understand written work and to write clear and accurate reports/notes.
* Ability to form appropriate professional relationships with young people and others involved in their care.
* Ability to plan, organize and evaluate activities appropriate to the young people's needs and skills.
* Ability to lead a shift if required and work as part of a team.
Purbeck View is committed to Safeguarding and Child protection. All applicants will be subject to full safeguarding, DBS and referencing checks prior to appointment.
The successful candidates will meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
For further details or an application form, please contact Luciana Grover
Interested? Register for free now and apply today!
Closing date: 28/03/2018