What will you be doing?
The Workforce Planner is responsible for the operational and strategic forecasting of workforce utilisation and new resourcing requirements (both employees and contractors). The role is also responsible for coordinating directly with line managers regarding the appropriate levels of resourcing and staffing of their business units, and for project requirements including the coordination of recruitment, procurement and the engagement of contractors.
Working closely with the Director of Human Resources and Corporates Services to develop the strategic and operational workforce plans for both short-term and long-term staffing requirements. Reviewing the utilisation rates of all project-based and billable personnel, and forecasting their utilisation. Undertaking regular reviews of the workforce plan to ensure that resourcing forecasting aligns with operational requirements. Working closely with project managers to ensure resourcing requirements align with project needs. Working closely with the HR Business Partners, Procurement and the Director of HR and Corporate Services to provide coordination of recruitment and contractor management. This includes attending recruitment/procurement kick-off meetings, advertising roles to recruit, ensuring procurement processes are followed, ensuring employees and contractors are on-boarded and off-boarded appropriately. Generating reports regarding utilisation (historical, current and forward-look), staff forecasting, contractor requirements and resource gaps, as required by the business to a high level of accuracy and in a format that is easily understood.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualification in business administration, behavioural psychology or similar field, or the equivalent work experience.
- CIPD Level 5, or equivalent demonstrable experience to a level 5 standard., with a clear focus on workforce planning and the use of analytics to forecast resourcing of staff.
- A minimum of 7 years' post graduate progressive experience in similar roles.
- Demonstrable experience in workforce planning and organisational resourcing, including recruitment and/or contractor management.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen to understand the cost and risk implications of staffing and resourcing decisions.
- Proven experience in developing workforce planning reports, and producing these reports with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Proven ability to manage your own work priorities and time, and work to deadlines.
- Proven experience as a positive team-player, with personality that enables you to connect with people at all levels of an organisation.
If you're successful you will be contacted by the 15th March
Interviews, including an activity will be held on Wednesday 21st March???