Area Manager (Operations - Key Accounts)
Area Manager (Operations - Key Accounts) - Commercial Cleaning and Support Services
Our client is looking for someone who will care about their customers as much they do, who can successfully keep many different plates spinning and who isn’t fazed by a challenge. You’ll be managing the delivery of cleaning & support services across a portfolio of around 15-20 London sites with a combined annual revenue of approximately £1.5M. The position has come about due to internal promotion.
This is a busy, field based role with lots of responsibility. Knowledge of cleaning and/or facilities management would be helpful, but really, our client is looking for someone with the right attitude, a willingness to learn, a strong work ethic, personal organisation, discipline, creative thinking, and the ability to deal with people and cope with pressure.
Rudyard Kipling famously wrote that if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, and if you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue or walk with Kings but not lose the common touch, that yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it. Our client likes that; they’d hire Mr Kipling, as they think he’d be a good fit.
Practically speaking, you’d be responsible for customer satisfaction, account growth, contract profitability and client retention. Your everyday tasks would include:
• Regular site visits to inspect standards and build client relationships
• Client communications (email, phone and in person)
• Completion and presentation of written client reports
• Management of service issues
• Development & presentation of solutions
• The introduction of additional services & supplies (commission available)
• Recruitment, training and management of site teams
• Management of stores and uniform orders
• Management of equipment repair & PAT requests
• Management of health & safety at your sites
• Scheduling and management of periodic tasks
• Input/correction of electronic site timesheets within NuServe’s management system
You’ll be supported by a Head of Operations (who was recently in this role), and an Area Supervisor (who will help with late night and early morning visits). Across your sites, you’ll manage a team of around 15-20 Supervisors, and 80 Cleaners and Housekeepers.
• Solution focussed – you accept that ‘unreasonable’ customer demands are part of our business and that they present an opportunity to improve our processes and service delivery
• Innovative – you’re constantly on the look-out for ways to make things better
• Hands on – you’re not scared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, helping to lift, carry and clean when required
• Empathetic – you see all sides and you make sure solutions are fair to all parties
• Disciplined – you recognise the importance of process (even if the Maverick in you is screaming to cut loose)
• Standard bearer – You set the bar high for yourself and the people that work for you
• Accountable – you own the outcome, you see things through and you get it over the line
Salary & Benefits:
• £35,000 per annum
• Attractive commission (anticipate £2-5k pa)
• 20 days holiday
• Travel expenses
If you are our client's Mr or MS Kipling, please get in touch by attaching a covering letter and your CV to the link provided.
Due to the large number of candidates our client expects to receive, they will not be in a position to respond to candidates whom they will not be interviewing. If you do not hear from them on this occasion, they hope that you might respond to future advertisements for positions which may be more suited to you.