Admin Assistant – Croydon
Location: A few minutes walk from East Croydon train station.
Hours: Monday to Friday 10am-3pm (5 hrs per day).
Salary: London Living Wage £10.20 per hour.
Murgitroyd is a forward thinking global firm of European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. We have recently moved into new modern offices in Croydon and we are looking for an Admin Assistant to compliment our very busy team of Attorneys and support staff.
Responsible for the day to day support and general tasks around the office such as scanning, franking, filing, receiving deliveries, photocopying, retrieving and storing files, delivering and ordering stationery, opening incoming mail, greeting visitors and any other jobs as requested on a daily basis by other members of staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Opening company mail from the Royal Mail Delivery Office and processing;
- Receiving courier deliveries (inter-office transfers) and any other courier deliveries to the office, emptying the boxes and ensuring that the contents are logged and delivered to the correct person promptly;
- Sending the courier consignments ensuring all contents are inside which need to be there and that they are appropriately labelled and delivered on time;
- Franking and preparing the outgoing mail every day for uplift by Royal Mail;
- Scanning all files in and out of the office file storage units on a regular basis & ensuring all locations are barcoded;
- Retrieval, storage, scanning and distribution of files in the office as required;
- Ensuring local storage areas kept stocked and tidy and restocking as and when required;
- Checking email and processing for updates as required, diary tasks, processing incoming cheques, generally keeping the office tidy & providing a friendly and helpful service to other members of staff at all times to assist them in the provision of core services.
- Welcoming visitors to the office.
The above list is not exhaustive.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a busy office environment is required showing the need for accuracy of skills and attention to detail. Typing speeds (i.e. between 45 and 50wpm) would be desirable as is a working knowledge of using Microsoft excel and word.
- to following work instruction/procedures
- to work on own initiative
- good communication skills
- the ability to prioritise, take instruction and work under pressure
How to Apply
Email your CV detailing your qualifications and experience.