Disability Support Worker
Location: Waterlooville & Denmead
Salary: £17,760 per annum*
* Annual earnings based on a full time basic salary of £15,600 per annum, and also incorporate shift enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of a typical rota.
Contract Type: Full and Part Time, Permanent
To start as soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities across Waterlooville, Denmead and the surrounding areas. As a support worker you will be assisting people with a range of disabilities (including learning disabilities and mental health), in their own homes and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills and help make a clients' hopes and wishes a reality. Our Support Workers offer clients flexible support as well as helping with budgeting support, with personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
You need to be professional and pro active in all that you do, and be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are essential. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
What Happens Next?
If this sounds like your ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, contact us today! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you. Alternatively, you can call Christine Cheers or Fiona Ellison on 02392 255860 or 07771 382301. When you call she will ask you a few key questions to ensure that this is the right role for you, and once you are successful in this initial screening, you will be invited along to an assessment and interview.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers called Premier Crew. If this is something that interests you, please call 01329 821 935 for more details.
Apply for Disability Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly