Mobile Tail-lift Engineer / Field Service Repair Engineer
Job Title: Mobile Tail-lift Engineer
Location: Newcastle/Stockton area
Salary: Competitive PLUS Overtime and Call Outs + Allowance dependant on shift times
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was established in 1976, initially operating out of Enfield and concentrating on tail lift and repairs. They then developed into roller shutter door and curtain fitting and repairs as well as minor body repairs on commercial vehicles. By 1995 the company had expanded, operating from 6 locations; Enfield, Bristol, Manchester, Northampton, Birmingham and Bathgate in Scotland. Since 1998 they have invested enormously in new equipment, vans, computer systems and facilities.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Mobile Engineer to work in and around the Newcastle/Stockton area. A fully equipped vehicle will be provided.
Main Purpose of the job:
- To repair or maintain: - Tail lifts, lifting decks, winches and roller shutter doors
- To travel to customers' sites, roadside situations, or other premises as directed
- Assessing breakdowns, and quoting for, or carrying out, repairs as the customer has requested
- To respond to Controllers requests and travel to customers' sites or roadside situations to assess a breakdown, quote for, or carry out repairs as the customer has requested, in an efficient manner
- To make recommendations for major works - always ensuring unsafe equipment is clearly identified to the customer
- To keep all paperwork neat and legible, ensuring accuracy in recording all vehicle, and job details. This should include but not be limited to the following;
- Taking vehicle identification details, equipment details, recording works carried out and causes, listing all parts used with part numbers, attaching photos with every job sheet, etc
- To also supply neat and accurate weekly timesheets to the office
- Be able to use a smart phone and PC tablet
- Supplying engineers to their customers at any time during the day or night is a large part of the business and the role of Mobile Engineers is to meet this requirement. Engineers will be required to provide an out-of-hours service to customers in line with the location callout Rota's. Overtime subsequent to normal shift in order to complete jobs will be expected, even if the work allocated is close to the end of the shift
- Engineers will be expected to keep their vans neat, tidy and secure at all times, recognizing the value of the stock that it carries and the value of the tools supplied by the company and the van itself
- Mobile Engineers are required to work in a safe and responsible manner recognizing the Company's Health and Safety and Company Vehicle Procedures, and their duty of care imposed by Health and safety legislation
- Undertake other duties which the company may from time to time reasonably request
The Successful applicants will have:
- A good understanding of electro-hydraulic systems
- Sound knowledge of basic engineering principles
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Previous experience within a similar service industry
- Mechanical fitting experience
- Good communication skills
- Committed to customer service, prepared to work flexible shifts, including weekends and call outs at night
- Hold current UK Driving License
- LOLER qualified - knowledge of hydraulics
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mobile Engineer, Electrical Field Service Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mobile Fitter, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer, Lift Repair, Lifting Decks Engineer, Roller Shutter Door Engineer, Tail Lift Engineer, Mobile Technician, LOLER Qualified, Hydraulics Engineer, Electro-Hydraulics Systems, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mobile Lift Technician, Winches Engineer will also be considered for this role.