Information, Advice and Family Support Worker
Information, Advice and Family Support Worker - 16 hours per week (Job ref IAFS2018) Funded by the Big Lottery until October 2021
Scale 22 £10.32 per hour within scales 22-27 (£8,586.24 pa)
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide information, advice and support to parents/carers of disabled children individually and in group sessions
- Signpost parents/carers to appropriate services for their whole family provided by the statutory sector, voluntary sector and Umbrella
- Supporting parents/carers to access and engage with services as appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with staff working with disabled children and their families employed by other local agencies
- Develop a high level of knowledge of local services
- Ensure that a comprehensive range of well supported parent support groups are running across the area, taking account of geographical and community issues
- Supporting and directing volunteers to provide peer support and help with group activities
- Collating and reporting on relevant statistical and other performance information
- Working with parents/carers to continually improve the service.
Based in Derby, this post is an essential car user posts
Comprehensive induction will be provided.
For all roles, candidates must have
- Experience of working with parents/carers and/or young adults with disabilities or additional needs.
- Knowledge of services for families within Derby City and Derbyshire.
- Excellent communication and speaking skills
- An eager attitude towards helping others and an outgoing friendly personality.
Closing Date 19th March 2016 at 9am. Interviews to be held on Friday 23rd March.
For an application pack visit our website www.umbrella.uk.net/vacancies telephone 01332 521229 or email kristinc.@umbrella.uk.net