JOB TITLE: PART TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
PURPOSE OF JOB: To ensure the website stays fresh with style, character and optimum exposure and input into marketing.
RESOURCES: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, WordPress, Visual Composer
The role involves 4 key areas of responsibility, as outlined below:
- 1. Graphic / Image design
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plan concept by studying information and materials on new product creation.
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Incorporate changes recommended by manager to the final design.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 2. Newsletter / email marketing
- Meet with the team and plan ahead for regular newsletter, keeping up to date with trends and fashionable styles
- 3. Promotional ideas
- Meet with the team and agree on certain product sales on sales page of the website.
- Arrange ahead of time seasonal promotions i.e. Christmas, Easter.
- 4. Miscellaneous:
- Writing some blogs, guides (ultimate guide to tiling) fixing errors on the site, making use of professional writers when applicable.
- Uploading images to the site.
- Designing of new website pages, researching other websites for best SEO and customer experience.
- Provide cover for others in the department as necessary.
- Adhere to company policy with all matters Health & Safety.
- Ensure good housekeeping and adhering to a clean, clear desk policy.
- Any other duties as required by management.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button below to forward a copy of your CV and a member of the hiring team will be in touch to discuss the application
Keywords: Graphic Design, Design Administrator, Administration, Project Design, Product Design, Marketing, Web Development, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Illustrator, Adobe, WordPress