Content Writer - Part Time (to 31.12.2018)
0.5 Part Time role, office based (17-18 hours a week)
Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2018
About UK Marketing
Fidelity has always placed great importance on creating a marketing edge and has a strong heritage in leading the industry in its approach to marketing. The UK Marketing Team is central to developing, planning and representing the channel communication strategy of the UK business, as well as providing the UK channels with distribution marketing support across its major customer segments.
The primary purpose of the End Investor marketing team is to develop and deliver integrated marketing plans to support our UK business goals and strategy ensuring we represent "One Fidelity" to our clients in the most compelling and appropriate manner - and our clients' needs back into Fidelity.
The span of activity is broad as befits a leading marketing organisation and operates through-the-line, incorporating planning, broadcast marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing functions. Ongoing research and insight into our customers' needs, together with the evaluation of our marketing performance, is also integral to the team's structure.
About the UK Business
Fidelity's UK Retail & DC business manages or administers GBP70bn of customers' assets. The business supports the investment needs of more than one million UK customers across four channels: Personal Investing; Retail Funds; FundsNetwork and Workplace Investing. Already a leading provider in the mutual funds, advised platform, direct-to-consumer and DC pensions markets, the business has ambitious growth plans. By combining its distribution strengths with the investment expertise of the Fidelity group, the business is ideally positioned to fulfil its goal of becoming a leading UK provider of retirement solutions.
About End Investor marketing
The End Investor marketing team works closely with the research and insight team and other marketing functions including digital, online and the fulfilment teams to raise awareness, engage DC members/customers and encourage response through the delivery of integrated, compelling and customer focused marketing campaigns, activities and events that support our UK business goals and strategy.
Purpose of your role
Reporting to the Associate Director - End Investor Marketing and working closely with the Workplace Investing business locally and globally, Investment Insights team within the Personal Investing business, Propositions, as well as PR colleagues your core role is to help support the Head of Marketing to build and deliver a marketing content plan that supports the ambitious channel growth plans over the next five years.
The Associate Director will lead on key strategic member engagement campaigns with a heavy bias on creating and distributing engaging content to help meet business goals. They will support in the development of DC pension and retirement content as well as more holistic financial wellness content linked to lifestyle and lifestage. All with the aim of producing member/customer-centric communications built on engaging and channel appropriate content whilst ensuring delivery deadlines are hit and that costs are kept within budget.
Building and managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers is very important, as well as having the confidence to be a spokesperson and you should be able to demonstrate that you can build a strong network, work in a matrix structure, motivate others and interact with individuals at all levels - both internally and externally.
A very good understanding of the Financial Services industry and end member communication programmes will be required in order to convey, in various ways, open, clear and insightful communications.
Ideally the candidate will be comfortable with creating content and distribution on pensions and retirement (pre-, at- and post-retirement). Also a good understanding of investment wrappers including Stocks & Shares ISAs and SIPPs would be advantageous. Activity will be delivered mainly through web, email, video and other direct response channels with a heavy bias on content.
Research and Development of the Marketing Approach
- To help develop and deliver rich content member engagement campaigns. This will include the role holder taking specific ownership and accountability for agreed content campaigns.
- Development and execution of campaign content plans to ensure the timely delivery of relevant and compelling messages across the customer journey stages; welcome, member education, retirement.
Marketing Strategy Execution/Project Management
- Utilise the marketing mix for maximum impact and cut through which includes posters, video, DM, email, web, and literature.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the group and wider organisation to deliver best in class communications and content.
- Establish project plans for all campaigns, regardless of size and maintains status of multiple projects.
- Work with internal and external third party communication teams to actively generate relevant content
Experience and Qualifications
- Several years' experience creating content about pensions, retirement or more holistic financial wellness, e.g. budgeting, saving, investing, borrowing, preparing, spending, either within the trade or national consumer press or a relevant website or at a pensions/retirement business or an asset management business with a working knowledge of Marketing.
- Good understanding of the UK's pension & retirement universe and in particular defined contribution pensions, understand and be comfortable communicating the principles of saving for retirement to an audience that are not engaged as retirement seems a long way off, to those who are more engaged as they draw closer to retiring.
- Knowledge of defined contribution pensions would be advantageous.