Competitve Salary on offer plus benefits
Are you an experienced Production Planner who is used to planning production in an manufacturing / engineering environment. If so my client is looking for you to join their team ...
As the Production Planner your main duty will be to support a culture of improvement and development initiatives to include:
- Process improvements to reduce build times and cost of build
- Produce reports to enable the Operations Manager to carry out the following:
- Adherence to plan
- On time delivery
- Direct versus indirect labour proportions
- Labour and material variances reporting and identifying improvements
Additional duties will include:
- Maintain management information and liaise with other departmental heads to facilitate the efficient use of all production resources using the Company’s ERP system.
- Produce a weekly production schedule for manufacturing and production staff.
- Plan Works Orders for production based on customer demand, staff and materials availability.
- Reschedule works orders as and when priorities change.
- Work with the Operations Management team to determine the best manufacturing routes for products.
- Be part of the ongoing review of the production schedule with shop floor supervisors to ensure it is realistic to achieve JIT assembly / manufacture.
- Produce On-Time Delivery performance metrics for each production team.
- To work in conjunction with the cross functional design engineering team to co-ordinate planned critical milestone dates, and monitor these against equipment / production staff availability and the overall production plan.
- To carry out ongoing assessment with the Production & Engineering Manager’s and amend production cycle times in the planning system as appropriate.
- Liaising with the Senior Project Engineers, Planner, Purchasing and Stores to ensure that production outputs are met.
- Attend weekly production meetings and record the outcome and actions of the meeting.
- Liaise with procurement to ensure that all parts are delivered on time and that all Projects build dates are met.
- Ensure that all parts that are produced / painted / manufactured by outside agencies are in line with project milestone dates.
In terms of qualifications you will ideally possess ONC / HNC / "A Level" as a minimum.
This is a full time permanent role. A full job specification is available on application if required.