Area Business Manager - North West London
Area Business Manager
Permanent, Full Time Position
Based: North West London, Hertfordshire
Salary: £28,000 - £43,000
Egbert Taylor is the UK's leading provider of Waste Management Solutions & Container. In the UK we manufacture 4 wheeled metal bins steel containers. We are also distributors for a range of other waste solutions. Our products are used extensively throughout the UK and exported on a global basis.
We have ambitious plans to expand our business both domestically and internationally over the next 2- 3 years.
We are proud of our heritage and our capability but also that we are a true UK company competing, successfully, on a global basis. As part of this expansion we are looking to recruit a key position.
We are looking for an Area Business Manager to lead the sales development by building long-term partnerships with strategic customers, developing an in-depth understanding of their needs while utilising a multi-level approach to protect and growth our business which clearly differentiates the Egbert Taylor over its competitors.
Develop and oversee the implementation of growth strategies and business development plans which cements the customer perception of Egbert Taylor as the preferred value-added strategic partner.
Develop a cohesive approach to business development by utilising the combined skills and expertise of the company so as to maximise the successes in terms of retaining and acquiring existing and future distribution
Main purpose of the role
- Direct responsibility for approximately £2m turnover within the following geographical area:
- London North/West
- Expectation of a minimum 10% growth in twelve months
- Direct responsibility for the achievement of our ambitions under the brand of Taylor across all product groups:
- Refurbishment /Spares
- Technology solutions
- Develop clear expectations for Business Development with regard to customer relationships & brand development in the following customer types:
- Local Authorities
- Regeneration and Developers
- Private waste contractors
- Key Accounts
- Public sector (NHS etc)
- Private End Users
- Business Plans – develop both strategic & tactical plans that protects and grows our business above market rate
- Price Management – need to ensure tight control over all ‘Pricing' extended to each individual Customer
- Supply Chain Management – need to take the lead and use all available information to improve the availability of Taylor & partner products to our customers focusing on meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Cross Selling – in-depth knowledge of our product portfolio and your customer base to ensure we maximise all sales opportunities
- Taylored Solutions- need to develop business plans that maximises the customer's annual spend with Taylor
- Contact Management – need to develop a strategic selling approach to KAM focusing on building relationships with All buyer ‘types' and driving the achievement of ‘Single Sales Objectives' and managing appropriate Contact matrices
- Business Development – need to develop a ‘creative' and ‘out of box' ideas approach to strategic and tactical plans, invest time and effort in realising all development opportunities. Identify growth opportunities that lead to improvement in Company profitability
- See people & innovation as key drivers to improvement, growth and results
- Significant sales experience in a broad & complex commercial environment or someone who is looking to start their career in a field sales position that has a commercial background
- Ability to persuade & influence effectively in a range of situations, the Ideal candidate will have strong presence and credibility with clients at Senior Management and Director Level.
- Must be highly analytical and numerate and have an innate ability to drive change through informed evaluations
- Must be able to negotiate complex agreements at a senior level
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally & written, critically the job holder must be able to communicate, engage & present effectively with (and to) people at all levels
- Ability to translate & formulate strategic objectives into a ‘real world' plan which relates to the goals, expectations and deliverables at the commercial activity face
- Ability to self-manage and plan accordingly to realise a high delivery in term of results
- Third Level Qualification
- Strong Microsoft and CRM skills
- Waste / Construction sector knowledge & experience
- Technical understanding & awareness
- Product/Brand knowledge
- Flexible approach to work base & requirements
- Clean Driving licence essential.
If you meet the criteria, please submit your CV and covering letter online today
Closing date for this post will be the: Friday 9th March 2018