1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
- 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
- Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school
- One to one position
- Full time-Long term role
- Competitive rates of pay
An exciting opportunity has arisen in an 'Outstanding' rated Primary School, who are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic 1:1 SEN teaching assistant to join their team long-term, to work with a child who has Downs Syndrome on a 1:1 basis.
About the School
This schools prides itself on being an open and friendly school that provides high quality education for all the children across the school. The school is based in Tooting, within the Borough of Wandsworth. The school boasts very modern resources and equipment within its classrooms, a large sports hall as well as a swimming pool. The teachers follow a creative curriculum, offering enriching and engaging activities for the children.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching and learning
- Excellent Literacy skills (clear written and spoken English) along with Numeracy skills
- The ability to build a good rapport with the children, parents and staff
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children with Downs Syndrome
- The ability to work with and support a SEN child on a 1:1 basis
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
The school can offer you:
- A supportive working environment in a building with outstanding resources
- Opportunity to work with a SEN child on a 1:1 basis
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team
- Continued professional development
- Supportive and nurturing working environment
If you are interested in this 1:1 SEN teaching assistant position, please send Nurani at REESON EDUCATION an up to date CV for an immediate interview or trial day.