We're Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as etail, multichannel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
About the role
We're looking for a Production Editor who can make content shine across all platforms including our website, newsletters and print magazine. Joining the content team in London, you will be a confident sub-editor, with a good understanding of how to optimise online content to encourage subscribers to engage.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Sub-edit copy in CMS and optimise content to drive subscriber engagement
- Sub-edit pages in InDesign for our print title, pass pages for press
- Write headlines, standfirsts and picture captions
- Maintain a high standard of writing and accuracy across all our content
- Prepare Retail Week newsletters and send to subscribers
- Work closely with our designer to ensure all content looks good
- Check for libel
- Good understanding of SEO best practice
- Maintain the flow of content through the production process
- At least three years' sub-editing experience, preferably on a well-respected title
- Adobe CS experience is essential (InDesign & Photoshop)
- Experience of using a content management system
- Experience of libel law
- Interest in the retail industry preferable
- The role requires someone who is both a fantastic sub-editor and a digital evangelist. The successful applicant will have excellent command of the English language, with fast, accurate sub-editing and flawless grammar and spelling.
- They should be comfortable rewriting copy and optimising it for our expanding digital audience and have good knowledge of SEO and social media. An excellent attention to detail is a must.
- The successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be able to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities, be highly organised and willing to learn new skills.
- They will be happy to join our lively content team, keen to collaborate with colleagues and willing to make suggestions about all areas of content.
***When applying for this role, please attach a covering letter to support your application by saving it to the front of your CV when submitting***
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on our website.
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products - increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?