Maintenance Manager (Grimsby)
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions
What you can expect Directly reporting to the Plant Manager, your primary objectives as Maintenance Manager will be to provide professional management and leadership of maintenance for Grimsby ensuring compliance to the relevant procedures and processes. You will:
- Oversee the maintenance process, manage KPI's and provide leadership to the engineering resource (including term contractors) to ensure that the plant maintenance requirements are met.
- Identify risk and consequence of outstanding/overdue maintenance and ensure Plant and Production Manager are aware.
- Prepare and manage the annual maintenance budget for the Plant.
- Provide regular cost reports to Plant management.
- Participate in the Engineering and Maintenance community, obtain necessary assistance from Bradford and Grimsby Engineering (based in Bradford).
- Support development of the site Maintenance Process Specialist Position
What we expect
- You are educated to a minimum HNC/HND (preferably Degree) in Engineering.
- You have 3 years' relevant experience in maintenance management and asset care.
- You are an effective communicator and display strong networking skills.
- You are competent in the use of Microsoft Office and engineering applications.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Closing date: 4th April 2018
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer
BASF plc, Grimsby
Please apply online at
For more information please
Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33