Clerk to the Trustees
6 days left
- Part Time
Clerk to the Trustees based in Gobowen, Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £10.29 per hour. This is a permanent part-time position, which involves working flexibly and on average one day per week.
Derwen College is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clerk to the Trustees where you will ensure that statutory duties are met, meetings are well organised and governors receive the information they need in a timely fashion. You will report to the Chair of the Board of Trustees. The Clerk will attend all board and committee meetings, which could on occasion involve some work in the evening, and possibly in the future at the weekend. Preparation and follow up work will take place where most relevant and convenient.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The role of Clerk to the Trustees:
- To write, assemble and circulate agendas and supporting papers
- To write formal minutes of meetings held and circulate to members within one week of the meeting
- To maintain a record of trustees and members, their contact details, terms of office, skills and experience
- To maintain and monitor as appropriate a timetable of items for consideration by trustees and issue the necessary prompts to ensure they are dealt with
- To maintain the induction pack for new governors and issue updates for the Governors’ Information File as needed
- To assist the manager responsible for maintaining a record of trustees’ training and development
- To maintain the trustees’ register of interests
- To ensure any documents which need to be available at a meeting are produced.
The ideal Clerk to the Trustees:
- The Clerk must observe a degree of objectivity from College management
- The Clerk should have a good level of competence in Word and Excel as a minimum, and a high level of literacy and accuracy
- The Clerk will be able to recognise and respect confidential and sensitive information
- The Clerk will maintain good working relations with governors and staff, with tact and diplomacy
- The Clerk will be pro-active, and able to work independently
- The Clerk should develop the knowledge needed to know where to go for information and advice on legal and procedural matters
- The Clerk will probably need a highly developed sense of humour
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a comprehensive array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities at our main site, pension scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, generous annual leave, staff discounts and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.