Apprentice Software Engineer - May 2018 intake
Start date: Monday 21 st May
Are you ready to build a career in the world of digital? We're investing in the growth of our own talent through our higher software engineering apprentice scheme - where you'll learn from one of the most innovative and enhanced technical teams in the UK.
We continue to keep the customer at the centre of what we do here at BGL Group - we have been incredibly successful, because we act quickly and think differently. We're always ahead of the game; using the best technology, working with the best people along with our industry leading partners to ensure we're keeping things, simple - That's not all, our digital world is about to get a whole lot bigger, with ambitious plans for growth.
Joining our team as an Apprentice Software Engineer at BGL Group, you'll learn how we develop and deliver first class tech solutions to contribute to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You'll have the opportunity to work within small, agile product teams to curate first class software engineering solutions, engineer web and mobile journeys, whilst having access to some of the most cutting edge technologies in the market. We're invested in your success and align you with a business mentor who will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
In our two year apprenticeship scheme, you'll grow your career towards either a Junior Software Engineer or Test Engineer, by delivering real business projects that add value to our customers, as well as helping you achieve a foundation degree in digital innovation. Initially, you'll spend the first 8 weeks commuting to London, Monday to Friday, attending one of the UK's leading digital technology providers which will kick start your learning and induct you into the scheme. Following on from your induction you will be required to attend further weekly face to face training in London every 7 weeks.
What will you be responsible for as a Software Engineer Apprentice?
- Developing first class software engineering solutions
- Solving complex problems
- Understanding how customers interact with our products
- Working with agile methodologies and efficient thinking methods
- Presenting your findings and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Contributing to the wider Data team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
- You must have 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C, or the new grades 4-9 including Maths & English language (or equivalent).
- You'll have 2 A levels (or equivalent), at C or above, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- You're naturally self-motivated with an appetite and commitment to learn
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute to a team
- You're highly logical with creative problem solving skills
- You have a passion for technology, ideally with some exposure to modern programming language (e.g. .Net, C#, SQL .node)
- Willingness and commitment to attend training courses in London on a regular basis.
We never stand still???
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home too many brands including, Comparethemarket.com, Junction, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We're trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.We grow because we live and breathe our values??? We are AMBITIOUS. We're obsessed with delivering for our customers. We're relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We're open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We're one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.