Service Technician - General Equipment (Mechanical/Hydraulics)
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a qualified Mechanical Engineer in Bristol to work as part of our Service Team in General Equipment. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Service Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance using the operating model to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way. Ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include the right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team as well as training, qualifications and support to build a successful career. A fantastic package with regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers. After 6 months you will receive a Colleague Card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line. When you join us you'll be able to join our Pensions scheme.
- Completing planned preventative maintenance.
- Responding to reactive maintenance.
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment
- Communicating with the team and the wider business team
- Working collaborative with the National Operation Centre.
- Ensuring PDA compliance
- Consistently receives a green rating from managers and the stores.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Be a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in a 'Better, Simpler or Cheaper' way.
- Completing tasks and ensure they are 'right first time'.
- Liaising with Store Technicians and updating them on status of maintenance work for service.
- Supporting managers to resolve customer issues.
- Delivering non negotiable standards across stores.
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical engineering/Armed forces Engineering or NVQ Level 2 Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of basic Risk Assessment processes and working safely.
- Experience working with Hydraulic systems.
- Experience working with Electrical and Electronic control systems operating powered equipment such as Scissor Lifts, Powered Gates, Dock levellers and Roller Shutter doors.
- Experience working with Safety systems on Powered and Lifting equipment.