IT Support Engineer
Our client analyses, plans, designs, implements, manages and maintains IT systems that are aligned with their clients’ strategic aims.
Due to their continued growth, they are now looking for an IT Support Engineer, who can join their dedicated and highly responsive team.
The IT Support Engineer Role:
As the IT Support Engineer, you must be an enthusiastic individual with excellent technical skills. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as with a passionate and highly responsive IT team.
The work covered in this IT Support role can be incredibly varied and complex requiring dedication, focus, self-motivation, flexibility and initiative. An ability to follow existing processes and procedures, carry out instructions competently, have a strong desire for continuing knowledge and skills development is required.
The IT Support Engineer position will be based at their offices in Southampton, but you may be required to work on site for extended periods of time
Key Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer:
The successful candidate will perform 1st and 2nd Line Support and where required assist with 3rd Line Support. Responsibilities will include; recording details of IT incidents and service requests and working to resolve these.
The systems to be supported will include: Physical and Virtual Microsoft Server environments; Active Directory; Microsoft Workstations; Microsoft Office 365; Microsoft Exchange, both In-house and Hosted; Email Security and Web Filtering; Remote Access and VPN, Anti-virus and Security Management; Firewall, Router and Switch Management; Linux; Domain Name Management; Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.); VoIP.
Skills & Experience Required:
Good working experience of the following is required;
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Windows Server including 2008 and 2012, Microsoft Office 365 and 2016, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy
- Email Security and Web Filtering
- Anti-virus solution
- Full UK driving license and car for business travel
- Virtualization – Vmware, Hyper-V
- Firewalls, Routers and Switches
- Experience working with and supporting Apple products
- Understanding but preferably a working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience of working in a financially regulated environment
- Web solutions and languages
In return, the IT Support Engineer can expect;
- Highly competitive salary (£23,000 - £28,000 DOE)
- Free Car Parking
- Full training, including materials and online courses
- Fantastic working environment
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!
To apply for this IT Support Engineer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Please Note: Successful candidates will be contacted within one week of receiving your application. If you do not hear from us within this time-frame, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: IT Support Engineer, IT Support, Heldesk, Service Desk, 1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line, IP, Network, Server, Routing, Linux, Web, Security, Virus, Southamptin, Hampshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Apply for IT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly