Award-winning pharmaceutical group based in Corsham, Wiltshire
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Through their scientific research and technology capabilities, the team continues to develop innovative methods to improve their products and services. They have recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. The group now employs over 200 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries, comprising of the following:
The first subsidiary produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief.
The second is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
The third is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services.
On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, rapidly expanding company with a great team spirit. They are looking to recruit the new position of Financial Controller to support the continued delivery of an exceptional service. In addition to being a qualified accountant with statutory accounting experience, the successful candidate will be a self-motivated business partner looking to add value to a dynamic business that has grown at over 60% per annum over the last 5 years.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare statutory accounts and tax packs
- Provide project accounting support for major new capital projects
- Manage the Group’s financial risk exposure
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the microbiological services business
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare budgets / forecasts for the microbiological services business and the holding companies
- Manage and develop the purchase ledger and worksheet processing team of four.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the Finance team across the Group.
- Provide other financial and administrative support as required to the CFO, General Manager and the Board of Directors.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £50K to £55K (dependent on experience and skill set)
- 21 days holiday, increasing to 26 days with service
- Pension scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and fruit, and outdoor gym
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a covering letter and your CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Thursday 13th March 2018. Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd March 2018. You will be contacted by Friday 16th March 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV and cover letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.