Team Leader (Ref: TLW-181)
£24,276 - £28,000 pa depending on experience
Fixed term contract until April 2019
HMP Cardiff (occasional travel to HMP Swansea)
Are you a highly motivated, focused and influential individual with natural leadership qualities? Are you passionate about making a difference to disadvantaged and vulnerable people? If so, St Giles Trust is looking for a Team Leader to lead the dynamic team working on our award-winning Peer Advisor Programme.
About St Giles Trust
A well-established charity that helps ex-offenders and disadvantaged people to move their lives forward, St. Giles Trust offers support to help people overcome any issues that might be holding them back and to prevent the likelihood of them reoffending on release.
At the heart of St Giles Trust’s vital work is our Peer Advisor Programme – an innovative programme of training, placement, professional development and support aimed at ex-offenders and other disadvantaged people.
About this pivotal role
Our successful candidate’s primary focus will be to provide effective day-to-day supervision and support to a team of Resettlement Caseworkers and Trainer/Assessors based in multiple locations. This will involve planning, allocating and supporting each team and individual’s daily workloads, plus providing casework supervision to the staff who deliver the resettlement casework to prisoners and conducting performance reviews.
You will ensure all staff comply with security and data protection protocols and the requirements of each prison, plus manage the Trainer/Assessor’s work and assist the Team Manager with the recruitment, training and management of new staff. Developing strong working relationships with the prison service and partnering organisations, plus conducting Independent File Reviews and quality assurance, are also key elements of the role.
To secure this exciting opportunity, you must have:
- A proven supervisory and managerial track record, with experience of leading and motivating a busy team
- Strong IT and data base skills with the ability to Quickly analyse data and produce Statistics
- An understanding of issues facing individuals with multiple and complex needs, in prison and on release
- Experience of developing staff appropriately to their skills and capabilities and within their roles
- An awareness of the Peer Advisor training delivery and Trainer/Assessor role
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal abilities
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles Trust as an organisation
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, and much more.
In your supporting statement, please address the points outlined in the person specification in the job description.
Closing date: March 14th at 11pm, 2018.
Interview date: March 23rd, 2018