Home Carer, Befriender & Companion
There’s an epidemic of loneliness in the UK. As a Home Carer, Befriender & Companion, you could help change that. Working in the Guildford & Woking area, you’d provide companionship and personal care to lonely older people who need an extra hand, so they can continue to live life on their own terms in their own homes.
There are Older People in need of care right now throughout East & West Horsley, Ripley, Byfleet, Effingham, Onslow Village, Burpham, Knaphill, Mayford, East & West Clandon, Shalford, Send, Pyrford, Pirbright, Horsell, Woking, Guildford and Woodham.
We have recently been awarded ‘Outstanding’ across three fields by CQC, and we’re proud that we excel in providing care. We keep the people we support at the heart of what we do, offering bespoke homecare service tailored to who they are and what they need. You’ll be hand matched to someone who you can help and be given all the training and support you require so that you can help them thrive.
What does the role entail?
No two days on the job will ever be the same. As our Home Carer, Befriender & Companion, you will be there to assist with many things including:
- Helping them get ready in the morning or at night;
- Being their Assistant and prompting them about appointments or when to take medication;
- Taking them out into the community and visiting places of interest to them;
- Brushing their hair;
- Keeping an eye on their physical & mental wellbeing and maintaining their care plan;
- Being a caring listener and companion.
What will we do for you?
We look after our staff, as positive, confident staff are able to do their best job, and care is a rewarding and demanding task. We provide them with many rewards & benefits, including:
- £9.30- £11.00 per hour;
- Double pay on bank holidays;
- 28p per mile mileage allowance between clients;
- 1 hour long minimum visits so you’ll never feel rushed;
- Flexible working hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- Holiday pay for every hour you work;
- Pension scheme;
- An attractive “Recommend a friend scheme.”
What sort of person are we looking for?
All candidates must have a full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle. We provide a free full 3-day insight training so previous experience is not essential. We require an earnest, professional attitude, and a sincere desire to help people.
To take a step forward to making life better for an Older Person near you and becoming a Home Carer, Befriender & Companion, just click ‘Apply’ and follow the instructions!
Please note: We are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
Apply for Home Carer, Befriender & Companion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly