Senior Support Worker
Our vision is to positively contribute to a world which accepts and understands that people on the autistic spectrum, or with learning, physical or other disabilities, have opportunities to experience a better quality of life, increased independence and self-esteem.
The union of Pepenbury and Autism Sussex, into Aspens, has created a larger and more sustainable charity ready to grow and thrive – and ultimately, better support those who we serve in providing a wider range of specialist support services across London, Surrey, Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
Our commitment to providing the highest quality services that so many depend upon is at the heart of all we do. We hope you will be as excited as we are to join this new and growing organisation moving forward.
Senior Support Worker
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: £18,500 per annum
Service/Location: Bognor Regis, West Sussex
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our professional team that is dedicated to supporting people to achieve a progressively more independent life style and maximise their potential.
The skills we are looking for are:
- Diploma/NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
- To act as a shift leader, organising the day-to-day work within the service.
- To be a role model for support workers, promoting good care and support practices.
- To deputise in the absence of the Manager, taking on additional responsibilities as required.
- Highly motivated individuals who are able to work on their own initiative and flexible enough to work shifts and sleep ins.
- Full driver’s licence and access to a car with business insurance is desirable. You will need to be able to demonstrate how you would meet the transport needs of this job role.
- To support the management and take lead in service delivery at a Supported Living setting for two adult siblings with Autism, where 24-hour support is provided.
- To provide a person-centred approach and work holistically and in partnership with all those involved in the care and support of the individuals at this service.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Interview Date: TBC
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply for this position please click the apply button, after you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder.
Aspens Charities is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safer recruitment, these positions are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and two satisfactory references.
No agencies please.