New opportunity not to be missed! Ecolab have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SHE Manager to join the team based in Northwich. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
Your role as SHE Manager will see you drive, co-ordinate and prioritise site SHE process and projects, to guide and advise the Plant Manager and Site Leadership Team in the delivery of all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environment results. To ensure the site is always in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and Ecolab Policies and Standards.
- To ensure robust, clear and well understood SHE processes and procedures are in place to meet regulatory, Ecolab, and other best practice SHE standards are in place as are appropriate to the plant
- To ensure through competent risk assessment processes that prioritised plans are developed and actions taken to improve site SHE performance
- To maintain SHE in the forefront of daily activities, and lead by example at every given opportunity
SHE Manager responsibilities:
- Key point of contact for the Health and Safety Executive and the Environment Agency ensuring a good working relationship.
- Be a visible role model for safe behaviours and practices
- Ensure that the Weavergate COMAH Safety Report remains in compliance with relevant statutory provisions and is aligned with good industry practice to reduce site risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Verifiying impact of operational ‘Management of Change’.
- Ensuring that ‘onsite’ emergency plans are current, communicated and aligned with the local authority ‘offsite’ plan.
- Acting as the ‘competent person’ to advise site management on matters concerning safety, health & environmental (SH&E).
- Coordination of site SH&E systems and achieves, time quality management and key performance indicators for SH&E compliance.
- Providing guidance and technical expertise to ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Developing standard operating procedures for compliance with the major regulatory programs and safety contingency plans.
- Developing and implementing systems and processes to reduce hazardous waste generation and increase recycling.
- Evaluating systems and implementing projects to meet and maintain requirements of waste water discharge permits.
- Disseminating information regarding new legislation and SH&E learnings.
- Development of tracking and compliance SH&E indicators such as KPI, results of regulatory inspections and compliance audits.
- Representation of the plant in SH&E compliance audits conducted by third parties; communicating trends in audit findings, corrective actions and observed best practice.
- Coordination of the safety committee and other multi division SH&E efforts.
- Delivering training programmes, by providing coaching, guidance and advice to other functions concerning SH&E and ensuring competency and compliance with regulations.
- Encourage culture where people act on any SHE concerns and use stop work authority as needed
- Prioritise and recommend programme to Site Leadership Team for eliminating or reducing prioritised site risks
- Run risk assessment Programme to drive continuous improvement on the site
- Develop and recommend investment plans to reduce or minimize SHE losses to acceptable level on the site, lead and monitor their implementation
- Lead Programmes to actively reduce environmental impact of site operations including waste, effluent, emissions, carbon and energy consumption
Our ideal SHE Manager:
- Bachelor or higher degree level in Safety or Environmental Engineering or in other related field, e.g. Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Practical experience and/ or well-developed understanding of operating within a COMAH regulated site, preferably in a processing environment.
- Strong team orientation, self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Practical, flexible and involved approach to providing SHE support and services at all staff levels and locations within the Eastern Hemisphere business unit.
- Proven relevant experience in similar SHE position(s).
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of SHE practices, standards and general legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Office based role with an occasional requirement to audit off site or physically investigate incidents of note in the Aberdeen plant.
- Candidate should be physically fit and any known sensitivity to chemicals communicated at the point of application.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a SHE Manager then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!