Stock Control Assistant
We have an opportunity for a Stock Control / Material Handling Assistant to join a well established manufacturing firm based in North Walsham.
You will be working within a friendly atmosphere for a company that prides itself in it's attitude of inclusiveness towards all employees. You will not be seen as "just a number" within this organisation and you will benefit from representation by a works committee which makes sure all employee concerns are addressed.
This is an entry level position and a fantastic opportunity to build a career in a manufacturing environment.
Fork lift training can be provided as part of this role if you don't already have this experience.
You will report to the Operations Manager but will be instructed in your daily tasks by the Lead Material Handler.
As part of your role, your key responsibilities / duties will include:
- Maintaining inventory by identifying, labelling, and placing materials and supplies in stock, recording inventory locations on the ERP system.
- Kit picking from components listed on production works orders.
- Receiving into stock materials and components from sub-contractors and in-house by verifying materials, part number codes, batch numbers and quantities.
- Preparing raw material billets for the Machine Shop.
- Preparing finished stock for shipment by identifying, packing, crating, weighing and loading the finished product.
Salary - Up to GBP8.15/hour
- Free On Site Parking
- Forklift licence preferred but not essential (full training can be provided)
- Ambitious character with a "can do" attitude and drive to embrace and promote company vision goals & expectations.
- Embrace and promote the culture of continuous improvement
- Good communication skills, written & verbal (Must be Computer literate)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Can work as part of a team or on own initiative
- The ability to read, write and understand English.
Mon - Thurs - 8am - 5pm
Fri - 8am - 1pm
30 mins lunch
Click Apply Now to Submit your details