One of our Clients are looking for an individual to work within the Purchasing Department as an Assistant Buyer.
- Stock analysis/planning/ordering for UK/European Suppliers.
- Stock analysis/planning/ordering for New York office.
- Managing freight quotations - air and road.
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating prices for new and existing products.
- Management of item data within our NAV system including setting up new items.
- Communicating new products to the Sales and Marketing departments.
- Managing supplier issues and carrying out quality checks where necessary.
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing supply chain role. Ideally in a product-based industry in either Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing.
- Ideally experience of dealing with multiple country export and import regulations.
- Experience of using ERP (or similar) systems.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Monday - Friday.
- Salary GBP16,000 - GBP24,000
Click Apply Now to submit your details.