Development Support Analyst, 6 month FTC
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Working within the Product Information department the development analyst support role will support the Development Analyst. The role will involve working with the product information department and third party technical support to test fixes and changes on various systems.
- Conducting SIT, UAT and Regression testing for fixes and changes on various systems including; Oracle R12, EPM, Pearson InfoCentre, Business Objects and OBIA.
- Monitor certain interfaces on a daily basis. Communicate any delays and/or failures to the affected departments.
- Assist the Development Analyst in analysing potential issues and where necessary raising tickets in ServiceNow for fixes.
- Contribute to keeping documentation and project trackers up-to-date.
- Educated to GCSE minimum level in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Educated to college level in IT.
- Well organised with an eye for detail and a systematic approach.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to provide clear and detailed response to the business and interact with all levels of management.
- Proficient in MS Excel (or Google Sheets)
- Experience with actioning test scripts
- Experience handling large amounts of data
- Desirable experience using Oracle R12
- Desirable experience using Business Objects