Teaching Assistant Learning Support Assistant ASC Specialist
Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant - ASC Specialist
Cheam, Greater London
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team in Cheam. The Teaching Assistant will be working in our new independent day school, Brookways, based in Cheam, Greater London. Brookways is a new independent special school for children with autism and additional special educational needs and mental health challenges. We are a small school admitting up to twenty students in Phase One (Forty by Phase Two). Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The Teaching Assistant will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children's homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
* To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
* To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
* To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school's policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
* To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
* To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching assistance for an allocated class within Brookways School, a detailed breakdown and job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
* Evidence of successfully working with young people
* Awareness of safeguarding young people
* Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
* GCSE C grade or above in English and Maths or equivalent
* High degree of resilience
* Good communication skills
* Team player
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
* Competitive salary
* The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
* The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you.
Interested? Click on "Show me the telephone number" to apply today
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. kedlestonschools.com