Part Time Purchasing Assistant, Stewartby, 4 hours per day/5 days per
Part Time Purchasing Assistant, Stewartby, 4 hours per day/5 days per week. GBP22-24K FTE (ref: 90/1650)
Our clients business was started by an engineer in 1988; He developed a concept of magnetic field cancelling systems from his garage and has now built a GBP4 million pound business. Our client product, the magnetic field cancelling systems protect sensitive equipment in the world's leading laboratories, universities and semiconductor manufacturing plants, as well as in the test facilities of electron and ion beam equipment manufacturers. Although the owner of the business is now 75 years old, he still comes to work every day. There are around 32 staff at the moment all based on one site, but they are expanding.
Our client are looking for someone to support our Accounts Controller. The role will be to talk to suppliers, making deals, placing and chasing orders, matching invoices to delivery notes, and possibly loading invoices onto our accounts system. Our client uses TAS Books, run on DOS, and MS Access for their databases.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers
- Ensure supplier has the latest drawing
- Match purchase invoices to stock received and check prices
- Liaise with suppliers to chase late deliveries
- Look around for alternative suppliers and find price deals
- Flag up impending component obsolescence to Engineers
- Liaise with staff to confirm red database purchases have arrived
- Monitor Red and Blue databases for purchase orders left open when they should be closed
- Anything else to assist the Accounts Controller
- Good spoken and written communications
- Commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in procurement and supplier negotiation
- Use of computers (Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Access))
Based in Stewartby (between Ampthill and Bedford), south of the A421 Bedford Bypass, near junction 13 of the M1. There is reasonable on-site parking. There is a rail station about ten minutes' walk away linking to Bletchley and Bedford.
This part time permanent position is being offered at 4 hours per day across 5 days with flexibility as to when those hours are carried out (standard working hours 8am to 5pm). A full time equivalent salary of GBP22-24K is available with a benefits package including 20 days holiday per year, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days; a non-contributory 10% pension after the probation period (three months), a death-in-service benefit of four times annual salary and a discretionary bonus after the first year if the company does well. All benefits are pro-rata.
Closing Date: Urgent requirement so please get in touch asap if you are interested
It's really helpful when applying if you can include details of outlining your reasons for interest in the role.