5 days left
- Full Time
Experience: A minimum of 4-6 years’ PQE, or overseas equivalent
Hours: 9.30am to 5.30pm with flexibility required
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Kemp Little is looking to recruit a mid-level associate into our Corporate team. The Corporate team acts for investors and companies involved in the technology and digital media sectors, the sectors that technology transforms.
Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
Our clients range from world-leading technology giants to some of most innovative, fast-growing businesses in the UK.
Skills & Requirements
Candidates will need to have solid experience within a commercial law firm, a real interest in developing your industry knowledge and relevant sector experience in technology, digital media and telecoms. In order to meet the competencies for this role we would expect you to be a UK or Commonwealth qualified lawyer with a minimum of 4-6 solid years’ post qualification experience gained in a leading firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic profile (2.1 or equivalent);
- Experience of acting for entrepreneurs and shareholders in the technology sector would be advantageous;
- Experience acting on technology transactions – in particular, experience acting on investments in/acquisitions of internet marketplaces, education tech, healthcare tech, financial services technology, marketing/ad tech services and similar;
- Experience of projects/transactions involving government stakeholders would also be advantageous;
- Experience acting on corporate transactions particularly of mergers and acquisitions gained within highly ranked city practice and at an appropriate level;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- A desire and ability to develop client relationships, build business and the practice; and
- A clear understanding of the operation and structure of a commercial law firm.
In addition, we expect our Associates to demonstrate:
- A commercial focus;
- An enthusiastic and responsive approach to client requirements;
- Previous responsibility for client matters and experience of client contact and managing transactions;
- A willingness to work on all aspects of a transaction, including the more routine administrative parts;
- Excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style with the ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, but also to liaise and coordinate with fee earners from other departments and jurisdictions as required;
- The ability to manage aspects of complex matters and clients;
- A knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical advice;
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging and team-based environment;
- An active interest and ability to proactively support business development activity, creating and maintaining strong client relationships and identifying new business opportunities;
- A commitment to regularly update their own technical expertise and to achieve continuous improvement and development; and
- The ability to contribute to the general upkeep of the group (e.g. training, precedents, or know-how generally).
Apply for Corporate Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly