Care Assistant & Support Worker
Use your compassionate heart and honest nature to work as a Care Assistant & Support Worker in Reading, Berkshire, for a bespoke company who offers high quality package to Older Adults who need a bit of help to keep their independence.
Work for a company that’s loved and respected in the community. They’ve become a steady local hallmark of quality care—their director understands how important and how demanding working in the health and social care industry can be, they worked for 15 years as a Nurse before founding this company. They set out to put quality first, and they know care can’t be given in 15 minutes, so they provide longer stay visits.
What are the responsibilities?
A Care Assistant and Support Worker is there so Older, vulnerable adults can continue to live their life, in their own home, on their own terms. We all like to think that as we age we will be looked after with compassion and respect. Your days will be as different as the people you support, and you will be there to help with many things including:
- Preparing healthy meals and making sure they are eating well;
- Helping them feel good about themselves by assisting with all aspects of personal care;
- Being a good listener;
- Keeping an eye on their mental health and physical wellbeing so their family knows they are being completely looked after;
- Taking them out and about, perhaps to social events, the shops, or appointments.
As the role involves driving to individual clients’ homes, and the older people you help love to still get around in the community, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car.
What is the pay, hours, and perks of this job?
Quality care only happens when staff feel cared for and respected. Our client knows this. They try to be flexible to you, providing both full and part time work, as well as a full spectrum of shift hours. They also:
- Pay a Fantastic rate of £9.50 - £13.50 per hour;
- They have sleeping night slots paid £67.50 - £85.50;
- And waking nights from £74.50 - £99.50;
- An excellent 40p per mile mileage allowance that is paid from when you leave your home;
- Focused training and ongoing support, such as Health & Social Care Diplomas which can lead to pathways such as nursing;
- Employee benefits scheme following successful completion of probationary period;
- Staff loyalty bonus scheme;
- Uniform and ID badge provided.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life and get respected and rewarded for it.
Would you like to be a Care Assistant & Support Worker? We would love to hear from you. If you have a UK driving licence, have access to a car and the right attitude, all you need to do next is click ‘Apply’.
Apply for Care Assistant & Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly