1 day left
- Full Time
Our clients currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join their team.
As a Technical Consultant within our clients Platform Success division you will work directly with customers, third parties and other teams within the organisation to deploy, configure and integrate the right blend of Apps (built on the Force.com platform) and supporting technologies (such as CRM, GIS and Document Management).
You will help solve business and technology problems for our customers, supporting them in achieving their goals and introducing them to the full range of products and services our client can offer.
You will be expected to work as part of a team on larger projects or independently on smaller pieces of work. You will use agile methodologies to gather and analyse customer requirements and ensure these are accurately documented. You will suggest changes and improvements to processes where it provides business benefit and you will be able to demonstrate how the technology can help deliver this.
The Technical Consultant role is well suited to developing your career in technology in a wide range of directions including Solution Architecture, Domain Management, Data Science and Service Management. This is well suited to software developers that want to adjust the balance of their work to include more focus on business process realisation, configuration and customer interaction than pure-play R&D and writing code.
- Advanced IT Skills: This is a technical role. We predominantly build on the Force.com platform (training and self-study resources provided). You will need to demonstrate a high level of technical ability in the deployment and configuration of business applications and demonstrate willingness to continue to develop these skills. You will use your skills to build and implement the solutions you design. The ability to use standard IT productivity tools such as, word, excel, powerpoint, collaboration platforms and knowledge sharing tools are essential.
- Analytic skills/ Problem Solving: Desk based research, particularly around new software development as well as preparing basic reports, solution documentation and numerical analysis.Critically evaluate the customer’s business objectives, identifying the best/most efficient routes to solutions to satisfy their requirements.
- Project Documentation: Work with the customer and internal project team to develop project documentation, such as project plans and technical drawings. Ensure that your work is well documented so others within the team can make use of your work on other appropriate projects.
- Customer Engagement: Guide and encourage the customer through the process. Ensure that the product owner is engaged and completes their responsibilities in a timely fashion. Ensure that updates are passed on the customers regularly and pursue the necessary level of engagement from stakeholders both within and outside the business.
- Communicate: Facilitate transparent, open and honest communication among teams and stakeholders using excellent written and spoken English. Visit customers regularly to develop positive working relationships. You will ensure that the progress of the project is communicated effectively internally and with customers.
- Insight, Discovery and Learning: Find new ways to improve customer experience and deliver their business goals. You will be confident gathering requirements and discussing them clearly and concisely. Analysis of these requirements will allow you to develop improvements and solutions for the customer. Look for new ways to improve our processes and products by analysing information gathered from customers.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role or related field.
- ICT Tools and Methods: This is a technical role and we expect hands on experience of configuring or developing business applications backed up by a good understanding of factors such as data models and workflows.
- We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce would be a distinct advantage to an applicant, though we will provide the necessary training resources.
- Experience with source control such as GIT would also be very useful.
- Project Management: Experience of agile and/or waterfall project delivery, risk management, resource and stakeholder management. A strong ability to balance the needs of the business, project timescales, budgets and customer satisfaction in a level-headed and professional style.
- Customer Management: Experience of working with customers (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Organisation: You will be highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
- Agile Methods: Understand the Agile methodology and apply it in ways appropriate to each challenge. Assist the team and scrummaster while improving the accuracy and clarity of stories.
- System Architecture: Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with the design process.
- Data Manipulation: Hands on experience with data analysis and/or migration work.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector: Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprises it will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
About our Client
"As we said, we’ve been quite successful so far but don’t take our word for it.
We have won awards like the Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards 2016, which is given to companies that have displayed outstanding innovation, product, quality, service, imagination, marketing and managerial skills. We have also won the European IT Excellence Award in 2016 for Customer Solution, which is given to companies that demonstrated how carefully they have been listening to their customers and building solutions that do make a difference. We partner with the best in our industry, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services.
And if shiny awards were not enough, check out what we do and say at - Arcus on Facebook.
Our perks - Yes, we have a pool table (albeit it doubles as a desk at the moment) and beer in the fridge too; but we also have:-
- Friendly and Entrepreneurial Environment: since the start we have created a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are looked after. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than 'just another company'.
- Social events: we organise BBQs that would make Jamie Oliver jealous, near Olympic standard punting at works parties in lovely Cambridge; we also pursue the great outdoors in our legendary camping days (Bear Grylls step aside!). If that’s not enough for you, we have exciting monthly Team Awesome events. The name says it all!
- Sports: we run epic weekly gaming and sport events spanning from badminton, basketball and football (we are currently playing an InterFirm league), tennis and squash
- Music: if you have musical talents, we even have a club for this!
- Flexibility: we care about results and personal initiative so we allow our teams a degree of flexibility (e.g. working from home, flexible schedule)
- Growth: ample opportunities to learn, develop, thrive and grow
- Career progression: you’ll be able make your mark and shape your own career path and build
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits"
How to Apply
Please click on the link provided and you will be redirected to our client’s website to apply directly.